Learning methods and Creative thinking

In this blog, I am going to share some of my opinions about learning methods, and creative thinking.

The brain is the factory of all ideas and the most important tool for human learning. Apart from the influence of genes, the thing that determines how efficiently people learn is the way they learn. But is there one best way to learn in the world? I think that among the many learning methods, each person will have a learning method that is different from others because of individual differences.

There are three learning techniques Crozier mentioned in the lecture: Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism, and Social Constructivism. Behaviorism defines learning as a change in behavior that occurs as the result of positive or negative reinforcement, or through punishment. Cognitivism focuses on a learner’s mental processes, such as thinking, memory, knowing, and problem-solving. Constructivism views learning as an active, contextualized process of constructing knowledge, rather than simply acquiring it.

Based on these concepts, I had an understanding of how the brain cooperate with outside stimulus. It also brings me the questions about learning styles. Am I a visual learner, or maybe an auditory learner, or a kinesthetic learner? I can still not tell I am the one specific type among them.

How we learn is the key to promote our learning efficiency, look back to the class I have had so far, I think most of students use the combination of 3 strategies to get a better result. And this is important on designing a multimedia learning plan.